IHAA is an intentional international, intercultural, interspiritual living learning community.
Click here to complete a Maintenance Request Form
Click here to complete a Move Out Form
We create an environment where everyone living at IHAA contributes, interacts, and benefits from the diversity of our residents through daily interaction and regular programs. The quality of community life requires the active participation of each resident. We ask each IHAA resident to live by the following policies:
- Consistently participate in life at IHAA through the many programs offered each month;
- Volunteer to cook, present, facilitate, set-up/clean-up, or help as able and needed during your residency;
- Respect and honor the views of others, including differing religious views, political understandings, family, social, and cultural patterns;
- Share a multi-bedroom apartment with anyone, regardless of your nationality, cultural traditions, or religion;
- Be sensitive, flexible, cooperative, and compromising for the good of your apartment mates;
- SMOKING: IHAA is an entirely smoke-free environment
- ILLEGAL DRUGS are prohibited from use at IHAA
- Alcohol may not be publicly consumed at IHAA unless aged 21 during an IHAA program that specifically offers it.
- Read your Resident Handbook for policies on CANCELLATION, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, NOISE, PREVENTING SEXUAL & DISCRIMINATORY HARASSMENT, and CODE OF CONDUCT
Notice of Renovations
This year has included upgrades to the building’s security system, new carpeting, new furnishings in all apartments, new flooring and lighting in common spaces, new building roof, and new signage. Thank you for your patience during these upgrades.
Links to Resources
- Washtenaw Literacy
- JFS – ESL Classes
- Michigan Language Center
- English Language Classes for business, adults, children
- UM ELI
- Conversation Circles
- EMU ESL
- WCC ESL
Health Care and Emergency Numbers
- In an Emergency, call 911
- HelloMed Walk In Clinic
2731 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Urgent Care Ann Arbor
Grocery Shopping and Shopping Service
- The Produce Station 1629 S. State St., Ann Arbor MI 48104
Best 10 Convenience Stores near IHAA (yelp)
- People’s Food Cooperative 216 N. Fourth Avenue Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Farmer’s Markets
(1) Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market
(2) Argus Farm Stop
- Local Friends of IHAA volunteer each Saturday to drive IHAA Residents to purchase groceries at a nearby grocery store.
Clothing and Thrift shops for clothing (especially winter)
- Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (AATA)
- University of Michigan Parking & Transportation Services
- Detroit Metro Airport Guide: Airport Transportation Information
Community Bike Pool
- IHAA owns several bicycles which are free for communal use. These bikes are offered at your risk. We are not liable if you have an accident. If you would like the code to the bike locks please stop by the front office.
- Ann Arbor Biking Safety & Trails Guide
- Campus Bike Rentals and Sharing
IHAA offers limited parking on-site and at a nearby church, and is only available to residents with valid permits issued by IHAA. Permits are available by lottery at the beginning of each Fall term.
Package Delivery Signing
When packages are delivered to the IHAA during office hours (Monday – Friday 9AM- 5PM), staff can sign for the packages and hold them for residents to pick up.
On-Site Card Operated Laundry
IHAA provides credit card operated washers and dryers for the convenience of their residents. The laundry room is located inside the building on the basement level.
Vacuums Available for Resident Use
Vacuums are kept in the lounge closet and are available for residents to borrow and clean their apartments with.
IHAA provides a small storage space for residents to keep personal items like luggage or boxes that they may not want to keep in their bedroom.