Benefits of Life at IHAA
IHAA is located adjacent to central University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We are located just two blocks from the Ross School of Business, three blocks from the School of Education and School of Social Work, four from the Law Quad and, and six from Literature, Science, & the Arts. We are within easy walking distance of main campus, the Diag, downtown shops, restaurants, museums, farmer’s market, theaters, Ann Arbor’s famous Pizza House, and Burns Park. Ann Arbor city bus lines, campus bus lines, and airport transit bus lines are easily accessible.
The common areas include a spacious lounge, kitchen, café, recreation/exercise room, and a meeting area known as the Mpanya Room. There is a cafe with hot drinks and space to study. The lounge includes a comfortable living room area, large television with cable, along with a modern kitchen and dining space available for resident use. All apartments have excellent internet service. Hardwire ethernet connection is also available in every room. We also provide card-operated laundry machines and assigned storage space in the basement. We offer a small gym with elliptical and bike machines. There is a free-to-use community bike pool that every tenant has rights to use on a first come, first serve basis. These bikes are provided for free but you are responsible for your own helmet and safety if you choose to use them. We are not responsible for personal injury or damage to property if you choose to borrow a bike.
Benefits at a glance:
- Affordable Housing in a tight and desirable housing market
- Newly furnished apartments, all with private rooms
- Limited off-street parking
- All utilities and internet access included in rent
- Common spaces for social interaction, shared cooking, studying, working-out, and watching television.
- Environment of understanding and trust
- Friendly and compassionate landlords
- Safe Neighborhood with high “walkability” to UM Central Campus
- Transportation provided to grocery stores
- Free community bike loaner pool
- Close to UM and City Bus Transportation
- Building security system for enhanced safety
- Community Meals featuring different cultural cuisines
- Opportunities to serve and lead
- Opportunities to discuss culture global issues
- The Global Engagement for Understanding Program